Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nickel Note #1

Just a side note for everyone:

I know the chapters have been a little short. I'm still kind of making my way through this, trying to get the hang of everything. When I was writing my legacy, it still took a lot of work, but it didn't seem to take so much planning. Because I have this story idea in my head and know pretty much exactly where I want everything to go, I've been writing out my chapters before playing the game and making a list of exactly what pictures I want. So basically, I go into the game and choreograph everything to get the picture. I haven't been actually playing the characters, and I think that's what is missing. I have through Chapter 5 written (still have to get pictures), but after that, I think I'll just play for a bit and see where it takes me (to an extent). I have been far too OCD about this. Also, as those of you in the states know, yesterday was Black Friday, and I work retail so my brain is just...very tired. Along with the rest of me.

So, hopefully longer chapters are coming. Just in case you haven't been to the News page, I will have new chapters published on Mondays and Fridays at midnight (CST). The schedule is more to keep me on track than anything else :) Since the next 3 chapters will likely also be fairly short, I may do 3 posts this week if time allows.

Also, while I'm here...I'm planning on starting a 100 baby challenge. If I focus too much on one story, I will burn out, so if I can go back and forth between the two, I think I'll be happier. I want to start it soon, but as I mentioned, I work retail, so December is not forthcoming with a lot of free time. I've got an idea for the back-story already, and I'm hoping it will give it a new kind of twist. So be on the lookout for that.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! It's great to be writing fiction again, and it's been nice to get feedback. If there's anything you've noticed that's driving you crazy, let me know!

~Nickels~

Oh, and if you have your own blog that I'm not following yet, let me know! I love reading them. I've been making my way through some of the 100 baby challenges, but those take so long to catch up on if they are far into the challenge that I've only read 3 or 4 so far.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with my posts, most of the time I write my story before hand and that way I know what kinds of pictures to take but sometimes I let my game "decide" for me!

    I can't wait to see the start of your 100 BC!!! ^_^

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    PS: I just realized I missed one of your new posts. *goes to read* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I kind of made two posts back to back there. Oops!

    If I can get a couple chapters ahead on my posts, I think I'll go ahead and start writing the beginning of my 100BC. I keep going back and forth on ideas, so maybe I'll settle on one soon. I'm enjoying writing this current story, but I keep reading all these fabulous baby challenges, and it's making me really want to start one!

    ReplyDelete