Thursday, November 24, 2011

Introduction

My story is not shocking. It is not romantic, nor happy. It simply is what it is.



It is, however, worth telling, I believe. We all have our contributions to make, after all, and perhaps this can be mine.



My name is Anna Wells. I have lived my life in the small town of Twinbrook, which has been a blessing and a curse. I didn't have a particularly tragic childhood, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was happy. I "come from money," as they say. Very old money. As a result, I was blessed with only the finest things money could buy, and a beautiful house to grow up in.



Unfortunately, I was not so blessed with warm, loving parents. They were both cold, distant, and never seemed to know how to laugh. I believe they loved me, in their own way, but they never understood me. I never felt comfortable at home.




I also had an older sister, Ashley. She was every parent's dream: intelligent, polite, hard-working. She was so infuriatingly perfect. She was the standard by which I was constantly measured, and I was always found wanting.



However, Ashley was an amazing sister. We shared secrets, we laughed together, she helped me with my homework. She was a remarkable support to me during my time at home.





I suppose I should explain what made me less than perfect to my parents. I was an artist, something for which they had nothing but disdain. I tried my best in school, but I just couldn't achieve the level of success that they expected from me. I believe, looking back now, that my heart simply wasn't in it. I knew I didn't want to go to college or become a doctor. I wanted to move to Bridgeport and open a studio. Ashley always joked that she would move with me so that she and Matthew Hamming could finally be together.



Other than that, my parents and I simply never saw eye to eye. I never liked to take things too seriously, whereas they were constantly serious. They were very conservative and strict, and while I don't believe I would classify myself as a rebellious youth, I was far more free-spirited than they cared for, and I had very different views on what was acceptable behavior.



These differences were frustrating, but it was something else entirely that brought everything crashing down...


3 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like this story you've started. Your writing is really good and easy to read because you have no spelling errors (blogs like that bother me sometimes...). Thanks for reading my blog. I'll definitely be reading yours. :)

    This is a great start. I can't wait to see what how her parents react to her pregnancy....

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm just a touch OCD, so I pretty much re-read everything I write about 20 times before I publish it, which is nice as far as proofreading goes. :) Hopefully I'll have Chapter One out by tomorrow evening. It's written and ready to go, just have to finish taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely huge baby bump alert. O.o I MUST SEE THE NEXT CHAPTER!

    This is definitely a very interesting start to a very interesting story, so I will be following it from here on. :D

    PS: Thanks for stopping by at my blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete