Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nickel Note #2

Hey everyone! Thanks again for reading and leaving comments. They really make my day!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm changing courses with my story a bit. I have Chapter 5 ready to go, and it will be published tonight at midnight. As I started writing Chapter 6, I was just really unhappy with the way it was moving. It was bland, and I have discovered that I really hate Twinbrook. My computer hates it too. Something about all that fog, I think. So, expect to see a big move soon. I haven't settled on where yet, but we're definitely moving.

With this shift, I decided that I might as well go ahead and make this into a legacy. I'm becoming attached to my character, and I'd like to see her entire story. That being said, there are some legacy rules that I choose to ignore. Obviously, my founder has other family members. She may even have some new ones wherever I move her. But, she will be the founder, not her parents or anyone else. Seems fair to me. Also, I will not be buying the gigantic lot dictated by The Rules. I hate that lot. I am a big believer in "cozy living." Large houses and large lots give me a headache (and make my game run slow). I will try to pick a place where we can at least stay on the same lot over the generations, but no promises. I think it's much more realistic to move as money allows, but we'll see. I don't know if anyone else ever has this problem, but sometimes I have to move my sims because the lot seems to run slow (even after reset). Also, as always, I will employ whatever cheat I deem necessary to get the picture I want. With the legacy, however, I will try to do that as little as possible and make them work :)

Okay, so there you have it. New plans. I'm excited now. I think this will turn out a lot better because, trust me, Chapter 6 was going to be bad. I still plan to have a chapter out by Monday, but it's going to take a little time to restructure everything and get back on track, so it may be a day or two late. Hopefully not.

Not that this makes any kind of difference to anything, but the current prologue and first five chapters are going to be considered the "legacy prologue" now and will be Parts 1-6. After the move, we will start with "Generation One: Chapter One." Just wanted to clarify that so it's not so confusing. I know it's strange that there will be kind of a prologue to the prologue, but whatever. We'll roll with it.

Make sure to stop back by tomorrow for Chapter Five!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your turning this awesome story into a LEGACY!!! This will be so much fun to read (not that it already is!!).

    I have the same problem with my lots. My current 100 BC family lives on the 60x60 lot and their house was really big so it was really slow. To help with the lagging I downsized the house and I think it's been working a little bit.

    I am super excited to read this legacy!!!


    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really excited to write it. It's going to be more fun going in this direction. I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow to get started!

    ReplyDelete